All about Sperm Assessment and Sperm Preparation
Date: 6th to 7th May
About the course:
The course provides a one-to-one, hands-on training experience. Experts with long experience in the field of andrology will teach you the theory and the practical aspects of sperm assessment and sperm preparation techniques and share with you the important tips and tricks which will help you excel your skills.
This 2-day intense hands-on training course was designed to introduce junior scientists and technicians into the theoretical & practical aspects of sperm assessment and sperm preparation in the context of assisted reproduction.
After this course the candidate will be trained on how to:
- Receive, handle and assess sperm samples of different quality
- Receive, handle and process testicular samples after TESE, FNA and micro-TESE
- Implement the different sperm preparation techniques
- Cryopreserve sperm and testicular samples
- Choose the best preparation approach based on the characteristics of each sample
- Donor sperm
- Bovine testicles
- Training Videos
Cost per Participant: 800 euros
Certificate of attendance: All participants will receive a certificate of attendance upon submitting the course’s evaluation form.
- 13:00-13:15: Welcome to Embryolab Academy
- 13:15- 13:40: Fundamentals of 6th WHO edition for Sperm Assessment
- 13:40-14:00: Essential steps for sperm assessment
- 14:00-14:20: Sperm preparation techniques: Our Tool Box
- 14:20-14:30: Q&A
- 14:30-15:00: Coffee Break
- 15:00-15:15: How do we treat and process testicular samples?
- 15:15-15:30: Personalized preparation approach for each sperm sample?
- 15:30-15:45: Preparing sperm for IUI, Conv IVF and ICSI
- 15:45-16:00: Cryopreservation and warming of sperm and testicular samples.
- 16:00-16:15: Accurate Sperm Assessment, external QA and consistency. Is it possible?
- 16:15-16:30: Q&A Day’s
- 16:30-17:00: Day’s Overview
- 19:00-21:00 Dinner
9:00-16:00: An intense hands-on session under the guidance of our Andrology-experts:
- Sperm assessment – the Who criteria
- Video demonstration of the different sperm preparation techniques
- Implementation of the different sperm preparation techniques
12:00-13:00: Lunch Break
- Testicular tissue processing -Tips and Tricks
- Sperm and testicular tissue cryopreservation
- Q&A and the course’s overview
- Certificates and Group Photo