All about Sperm Selection & Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection
Date: 11th to 12th November
About the course:
The course provides a one-to-one hands-on training experience. Experts with long experience in the field of andrology will teach you the theory and the practical aspects for Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection and sperm selection. Our experts will share with you the important tips and tricks which will help you excel your skills.
This 2-day intense hands-on training course was designed to introduce junior scientists and technicians into the theoretical & practical aspects for Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection and sperm selection in the context of assisted reproduction.
After this course the candidate will be trained on how to:
- Set up an ICSI system
- Follow the steps for the ICSI technique
- Understand the concept of the different sperm selection methods
- Use the different sperm selection methods
- Choose the best selection method based on sperm quality and characteristics
- Select sperm from testicular samples
- Perform ICSI with the selected spermatozoa
- Donor sperm
- Mouse oocytes
- Bovine testicles
- Training Videos
Cost per Participant: 800 euros
Certificate of attendance: All participants will receive a certificate of attendance upon submitting the course’s evaluation form.
- 13:00-13:15: Welcome to Embryolab Academy
- 13:15- 13:40: Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection: The method
- 13:40-14:00: Sperm Preparation: What are the options
- 14:00-14:20: The management of 0% Normal morphology or 0% motility: What is possible and what are the limits
- 14:30-14:45: Q&A
- 14:45-15:15: Coffee Break
- 15:15-15:30: Severe male infertility. What are the challenges?
- 15:30-15:45: ICSI with testicular spermatozoa: Tips and Tricks.
- 15:45-16:00: Oocyte activation: when and how.
- 16:00-16:15: Total Quality management and Risk Management for our ICSI program
- 16:15-16:30: Q&A
- 16:30-17:00: Day’s Overview
- 19:00-21:00 Dinner
9:00-16:00: An intense hands-on session with our Andrology and ICSI experts:
- Demonstration of the sperm selection approaches
- Preparation of ICSI dishes and media
- Setting up for the ICSI system
- The ICSI method
12:00-13:00: Lunch Break
- Critical steps for sperm samples with abnormal parameters
- Sperm fishing and immobilization
- ICSI and testicular spermatozoa
- Q&A and the course’s overview
- Certificates and Group Photo